Thursday, February 27, 2014

Quinn Goes to Florida - Part Two!

Click here if you missed Part One!
Friday

On Friday, you hung around and watched Olympic hockey with Daddy and Uncle Chris so that Aunt Jo and I could have a spa day. We had massages and manicures to get ready for a big night out. Thanks Aunt Jo!

That night Aunt Jo and Uncle Chris took your Daddy and I to a James Bond event at a local college - we had so much fun getting all dressed up. Here we are looking fancy:

Mommy and Daddy
I want to be in the picture too!
Uncle Chris and Aunt Jo lookin' snazzy
 Here's what you were doing while Daddy was trying to take pictures:
Photographer's assistant for hire

You stayed home with Cousin Chrissy while we went to the event. You guys read books, played games and had dinner together. She said that you were very good. You didn't give her any trouble going to bed and you even ate all your green beans. Nice job, Quinn!  And thank you so much to Chrissy for babysitting!

You're the best, Chrissy!
 You were asleep when we came home, so we ended the night in the hot tub. Sorry Quinn!

Adults only!
Saturday

Saturday was a beautiful day, so Aunt Jo and Uncle Chris took us to Payne's Prairie Preserve State Park to check out the local wildlife. We saw alligators and all kinds of cool birds.
Ahh! Where are my shades?

Much better
Pretty Florida!
Let's go find some gators!

There's one!
This is fun!
The gators can't get me up here!
Someone is watching our backs, right Aunt Jo?

Mommy's turn!



Alligators!

Spanish moss
What a long day of being strolled and carried! I'm exhausted.
I'm not allowed to shake this gate...
Aunt Jo reading me my favorite book - Barnyard Dance!
Hmm...which one is the cow?
Me and my buddy
Aunt Jo bouncin' me!

Now with video action!

Our last night...time for Daddy to read my bedtime story
Sunday

When we woke up on Sunday, it was time to go home. We were so sad as we went to the airport and said our goodbyes. Aunt Jo and Uncle Chris dropped us off and we were standing in line to check our luggage, when suddenly...

Uh Oh - looks like rain!





Our flight is cancelled?
Woohoo! I'm going to run around the airport!
We called your Aunt and Uncle and asked if we could stay for an extra night, and they came back to pick us up. It was a rainy day, so we chilled out, watched a movie and read some books. You spent a lot of time playing in your room with Aunt Jo and even handed her a diaper to tell her that you needed to be changed. That is some serious bonding! I'm so glad we had the extra day.

The perfect spot to curl up with a good book

rain, rain, go away
Guess what, Tulley - I'm back!!!
Now I can climb on your doggie bed some more!
Aren't you thrilled?
Watchin' doggie videos on YouTube with Uncle Chris
Bonus night out for Mommy and Daddy!
Thanks for babysitting, guys!

Monday

The next day it really was time to go home. We stopped by Aunt Jo's office to say goodbye before heading back to the airport: 

Bye-Bye, Aunt Jo!
A five minute nap should prepare me for a day of traveling, right?
The Gainesville airport has toys and MAGNETS!
Quinn, I hope these pictures will help you have some memory of our first family vacation. There will be many more in our future. 

Chris and Joelle, we can't thank you enough for your hospitality, all your prep work, the food, supplies and everything else that went into having us as guests in your home. We had a wonderful time and I am so happy that we got to spend time together as a family with Quinn. Thanks again for everything! We love you!
I love you, Uncle Chris!
I love you, Aunt Jo!


I miss you already - when can I come back?

P.S. - see the rest of my videos on my YouTube channel

No comments:

Post a Comment