Monday, March 25, 2013

5 Months!

Dear Quinn,
This weekend I took a technological trip down memory lane, charging up my old phone and scrolling through the pictures. It was a journey through the whole year. There were the crowds on 2 street after the mummers parade, there was your father making a silly face at a bar in Old City, there we are out to a fancy dinner - and then the pregnancy photos begin: my ever-growing belly, snapshots of your nursery in various phases of completion, baby showers, Bermuda. 

And then suddenly it's the view from the delivery room at Jefferson - hospital bracelets around my wrist, one last blurry picture of your Dad, the anxiety and exhaustion written on his face.  And finally - you!

You were so tiny, Quinn!  And you had so much hair, and your skin was so dark, and your arms were so skinny.  I even looked at the phone's call history and the whole story was there - the call to the doctor at 1:47 a.m., the one to your grandparents in the early morning hours, the one to my office, "I'm not coming in today!"

It made me so emotional to re-live your birthday.  Five whole months have gone by - and I still can't believe how lucky we are to have you every single day. 

These days are you starting to live up to your nickname, "Mischief."  Maybe it's our imaginations- but we really think you play tricks on us, Quinn.  You pretend to be asleep, but then smile when we call your name.  You spit out your binky just to see how many times your Daddy will pick it up for you.  You stare until we give you attention and then quickly turn away as soon as we look at you.  All three of us think this is really funny.  

You are really into clocks now.  Your favorite book of the moment is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? You love playing with toys.  Your new favorites are your mirror turtle, crinkly giraffe, hippo ballerina - and of course, your feet. 

I recently started putting rattle socks on you, but you quickly figured out that it's easier to pull the sock off in order to play with the rattle - you are so smart, Quinn!

You also recently discovered your hair.  You now rub the top of your head when you are nursing or when you are tired.  We both love rubbing your fuzzy head! 

Here you are at five months:

Long day at daycare - time to go home!

"I think I'll stretch out and take up the whole bed."
"Help me roll over, Pop-pop!"
Rattle socks!
Cereal time!

Grammy and Pop have the coolest toys!
Hammering away - I love my tool set!

St. Pat's at Grammy's house - thanks for my shamrock jammies!
I love my Grammy!
Hangin' (literally) with my Pop Daddy T!
I'm not tired, Mommy!
I can't wait to celebrate Easter with you, baby girl.  We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment