Saturday, September 15, 2012

Baby Shower!


Thank you to my amazing family for coming together to throw an incredible baby shower at my Aunt Chrissy's house.  Everything was beautiful, all the women I love were there - and it truly was one of the happiest and the most unforgettable days of my life.   

I got there before all the guests which gave me time to look around and appreciate all the adorable decorations. 

But I didn't start crying until I saw the cake: 

It's Ellie and Stretch!  Thanks Aunt Mary!




My awesome mom made all the food, my Aunt Kathy made the desserts - even the punch was pink and green!  My mom also made the cutest dum-dum topiary, which is currently being devoured by my coworkers. 




My baby is a mini philanthropist!
All the details made it so special, and the day only got better as the guests started to arrive.  I couldn't believe how many people came out to celebrate our little girl.  My mom and sisters, my girlfriends, my aunts, my cousins, my cousin's wives, Tim's mom and aunt, my nana - all in the same room.  It was just awesome. 

My girls!!!

My godmother Aunt Theresa, Aunt Annette, Grammy and Nana
I wish I had taken more pictures, but I was too busy enjoying myself.  And then came the gifts- Mischief got so many generous, meaningful - and absolutely adorable presents. 

Loot!


I loved everything- and I can't wait to dress her up in all her cute outfits.  She is going to be one stylish baby. She got loads upon loads of gifts.  Practical presents, handmade presents, funny ones, frilly ones, giraffe stuff, Eagles stuff, Phillies stuff - the list goes on and on.  We are both beyond spoiled already.  

The last thing I opened was from my Nana, who gave me a ring that belonged to my great, great grandmother - Mischief's great, great, great grandmother, who had the same last name as Tim.  My Nana has over 35 grandchildren, so to get something that has been in our family for so long was really incredible - and to have her support for this baby meant so much to me.  


I read the card out loud and then began blubbering uncontrollably.  The little thank you speech I had planned to give went completely out of my head. I was so overwhelmed that our baby already has so much love, and so happy that she will be born with so many amazing women around to support her.  I just tried as hard as I could to convey my gratitude through my tears. I can only hope it came across.

Thankfully, Mischief's Grammy was there to hand me a tissue.  Lesson learned: a good mom always has tissues in her pocketbook!

After the gifts came the next best part of the day: the food!  And after that came the next best part: Tim showed up!
Cutting the cake!



Tim and I with our mommas
It really was one of the most amazing days of my life and I will never, ever forget it.  There was even a sign in the sky when it was over - a beautiful rainbow:


It was just another reminder of how truly blessed we are.  Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who was a part of it for making us feel so special and loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment