Friday, September 28, 2012

Showered Again!

We were so fortunate to have another baby shower last Sunday thrown by Tim's parents.  It was at the beautiful Corinthian Yacht Club overlooking the Delaware River, and once again, we were so touched by the kindness and generosity of those who already love our baby girl.  

Look how fancy!
One of the reasons I am lucky is because Tim's family is awesome.  They have always been so welcoming to me and so excited and happy about the baby.  It was wonderful to see some of them again and meet some others for the very first time. 
Grammy's girlfriends
Aunts and Cousins

Even the boys were there!  Tim's father, brothers and best friend were all in attendance, and had their own special table in front of a TV in a separate part of the room.

 
Smith Boys - Uncle Mike, Daddy, and Uncle TJ
Tim and his best buddy, Steve

Although they all disappeared at one point.  I wonder where they went...

To take Uncle Mike's new car on a joyride perhaps?
Meanwhile all of us ladies had a spectacular brunch and admired the decor and the view of the river.  There were so many things that made the day extra special.  Tim's dad made the adorable favors - baby socks stuffed with treats!  Chocolate and candy for the girls and beef jerky for the boys.

Tim's Aunt Rita made a diaper cake, a diaper bouquet and two delicious cakes in the shape of a giraffe and a turtle.  (I collect giraffes and Tim likes turtles).  It was so perfect for us. 


 I was amazed by all the gifts that people took the time to make especially for our little one. 

Homemade blanket and quilt
Mischief got so many thoughtful and generous gifts - and I had so much fun opening them with Tim by my side.



Mischief Eagles onesie - the collection is complete!
This pink basketball got opened and played with as soon as we got home

Diapers!
It was full of books!  The baby now has a great start to her library.  

Towards the end of the shower, I got a very special present from my mom: Rao!  

Tearful reunion
Rao was a little stuffed cat that I got from my Mom-Mom when I was a baby.  It was my favorite thing ever and I pretty much spent the first ten years of my life carrying him around in the front pocket of my osh kosh's.  I lost him at some point after college, and when I found out about this baby I was devastated that I didn't have him to give to her.

I thought he was gone forever because he was handmade from a piece of (now) vintage fabric. My mother scoured the internet for months looking for a replacement, and ended up finding him on Ebay.  It was so shocking and emotional to see my Rao again!  I'm overjoyed that my little girl will have her very own Rao. 

It made a great ending to a very special day.  Words cannot express our appreciation to everyone who planned this shower and came out to celebrate our baby girl.  We have been so blessed to have had such love and support from so many people throughout this journey.  It's truly overwhelming and humbling.

Thank you again to everyone, especially Grammy and Pops!  We love you so much and we are now (almost) completely ready for Mischief's arrival!

Love, all three of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment