Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bermuda Babymoon

Dear Mischief,
The day after your baby shower, we had to wake up super early to head to Bermuda.  It wasn't difficult to get out of bed, because you kept me awake all night for the very first time.  I couldn't blame you though, you had an exciting day, and you were about to go on your very first airplane ride.

You did great on the plane, and in two short hours we were in Bermuda.

Our Hotel: The Fairmont Southhampton
Our first day there, your Daddy got some great news - he got a raise and a promotion!  I was so proud of him and we immediately went out to celebrate all the wonderful things we have going on in our life together.

Dad's flight of Bermuda-brewed beers
Someday you will appreciate how hard he works, and you will always know that he is going to do his best to take care of you.  Every day in Bermuda he got picked up for work at 7 a.m., while you and I got to sleep as long as we wanted. We made it our little tradition to start each day with breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean.

The view
After that, we got dressed and headed to the beach:


Here you are on the beach!
 In the afternoons, we had lunch by the pool.

Avian lunch date...
All this downtime gave me plenty of time to read some non-baby related books.  Sorry, Mischief, but one can only read so much What to Expect When You're Expecting, Dr. Sear's Baby Book and Happiest Baby on the Block
We also took a day trip to explore Hamilton, the capital city of Bermuda.

Ferry ride to Hamilton
Sightseeing in Hamilton
We ended every day with a fancy dinner with daddy after he got home from work.


It was such a great trip and very relaxing for your momma.  But even though the island was beautiful, I was eager to come back home and continue preparing for your arrival.

Thanks for keeping me company, little girl!  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, because if your father and I ever make it to an island again, I can't guarantee that we'll be bringing you along.

Don't worry, though- we promise to always get you a souvenir!


1 comment:

  1. I love the belly on the beach pic! It looks like you and Tim got to have a fantastic trip (even if he was working) before baby - way to go!

    ReplyDelete