Monday, February 4, 2013

Daycare: Day One

Dear Baby,
Today was your very first day of "school."  I think that you were nervous, or could sense our anxiety, because you woke up at 5 am and never went back to sleep.  

We fed and dressed you, and by 7 o'clock we were on our way.  My sweet little Quinn, leaving you with strangers was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  For your part, there were no tears shed - but I cannot say the same for myself.  

I made your daddy late for work because he did not want to leave me crying on the street.  He was strong as usual, but just as upset to leave you there. We were very, very sad.

I missed you terribly all day long, but was proud of myself for only calling twice to check on you.
All the teachers said you did very well, especially for your first day. I am not surprised that you took it in stride. You are a very impressive little person. 

I can't believe we have to do it all over again tomorrow and the next day, and the day after that. The general consensus is that it gets easier and I certainly hope that is the case. 

This seems like it has been the longest day of my life.  Both of us are exhausted, which is why I am writing this post on my phone, in bed, at 8 o'clock.

Last night you screamed through the Superbowl, utterly refusing to go to sleep. Tonight you drifted off within moments of being placed in your bassinet, nearly an hour earlier than usual. 

I hope you sleep well in preparation for another big day tomorrow.  I'm sure I will knowing that you are right beside me where you belong. 

Goodnight, my love. 

 
A familiar face, my Seahorse!

1 comment:

  1. Aww love you! And that 2nd pic with the cheeks omg!!
    It does get better, I promise! Before you know it you'll be taking her when you have a day off just so you can vacuum the house in peace.

    ReplyDelete